A Fun Day Out on the Farm!
It’s easy to see why students love their visit to Canoelands Orchard! Catering up to 150 students per day, not only is there an abundance of great experiences ranging from bee presentations to tractor rides, fruit picking to animal petting; but it’s the love and care shown by the Christie family that makes a visit unforgettable.
Now in their third generation, the Christie’s are as passionate as ever about creating quality farm produce and making ‘farm life’ accessible to everyone.
As co-owner Jamie explains, “We want everyone to know more about where their food comes from, to have the opportunity to eat fruit straight from the trees and taste the difference. Children particularly are always amazed by the flavour.”
In a world where kids are consumed by technology and instant gratification, the relaxed pace of the farm is a perfect opportunity for all ages to take a moment to reflect on how the food they consume gets to their tables.
- Your Food Starts here – understanding paddock to plate with a packing shed demonstration
- Bee Presentation – discover bee keeping and harvesting, and the importance of bees to sustainable farming
- Animal Tour – Goats, pigs, geese, chickens, guinea pigs and horses; understand their environments and how they’re cared for
- Aboriginal hand painting tour and tractor ride
- Seed planting to take home and have a go picking fruit that’s in season on your visit!
- Tours, tastings and picking!
- Full compliance verification and documentation
- Enclosed footwear (NO THONGS OR SANDALS)
- Appropriate clothing especially if cold or wet, and sunscreen and sunhat
- Students will need to bring their morning tea and lunch, however snacks are available to buy
- Farm produced honey available for purchase on the day.