Taje from the Wiradjurri Nation is coming to Sydney for a limited time this Winters Holidays for Vacation Care groups.
The Wiradjuri are the largest Aboriginal group in central New South Wales, by area and population. The people of the Wiradjuri country are known as “people of three rivers” being the Macquarie river (Wambool), Lachlan River (Kalari) and the Murrumbidgee River (Murrumbidjeri) which border their lands.
Learn about one of our traditional peoples and develop an understanding of the Wiradjurri Nation through Song, Language, Weaving and Art in this interactive workshop.
- Learn traditional weaving skills – demonstration and hands on
- Sing songs in Wiradjurri
- Wiradjurri language skills
- Find out about bush medicines and understand plants and trees
- Large art project for the centre to keep – theme Healing Country
- Participate in a Circle of Courage and Generosity