Students will become Geologists as they to dig up the Earth’s secrets and learn about forming processes.
- Suitable for Kindergarten and stages 1 to 4.
- Students will view real specimens.
- Students will participate in amazing experiments as they learn about plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes and Earth’s layers.
- Program content focuses on classification and identification.
- Sessions can be structured to align with your school timetable.
- Up to date Working with Children Check, Risk Assessment and Certificate of Currency provided.
Dynamic Earth is suitable for stages 1 to 4 and maps the current NSW Science and Technology K – 6 Syllabus
Students will participate in amazing experiments as they learn about plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes and Earth’s layers.
Students will also have the opportunity to view real specimens.
All programs are designed to empower students and provide the knowledge and skills to continue their learning. The programs will increase the students’ scientific literacy and critical thinking skills by participating in experiments, fieldwork and asking question.
Program content includes:
- Living and non-living things; and
- Types of rocks.
- Common minerals and rocks;
- Comparing features;
- Hands on investigations;
- Field works practices;
- Applying geographical tools;
- Experiments; and
Curriculum & Syllabuses
Science and Technology:
- Scientific inquiry through the process of working scientifically.
- Design and production processes in the development of solutions.
- The natural world including living things and Earth.
- The built environment.
- How digital technologies represent data.
Human Society and its Environment HSIE:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the features and characteristics of places and environments across a range of scales.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of interactions between people, places and environments.
- Apply geographical tools for geographical inquiry.
- Develop skills to acquire, process and communicate geographical information.
In 2009, Karen began focusing on digital delivery of programs across Australian and is the co-founder of Virtual Excursion Australia.
Karen’s passion is developing and delivering Environmental Education programs. Karen is an advocate of hands on learning and has developed a range of programs to make learning natural science easy.
Karen has developed Education programs and Learning resources for several award winning programs and exhibitions including Museum in a Box®, Museum2you and the Citizen Science Projects StreamWatch and FrogID.
- BSc Physical Geography and Environmental Science – Macquarie University.
- Masters Environmental Education – Macquarie University.
- Current Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurances.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- National Police Check