Let Kadoo teach your kids the oldest drawing and weaving techniques on Earth!
Kadoo Arts & Crafts incursions strive to resurrect a prehistoric art form that was all but wiped from the pages of Australian history. As Sydney was first contact/conquered land, traditional handicraft and symbol drawing was almost eradicated by the invading British Empire.
Learn drawing and traditional weaving. Kadoo and their indigenous handicraft experts will bring this skill back to life for your kids to learn, share and enjoy.
“Latoya was AMAZING! Brilliant incursion – kids and staff loved this. Will definitely be booking this in again!”
Karen, Avalon OOSH
- Take part in a Welcome to the Country’ & ochre ceremony acknowledging ‘Mother Earth’
- Learn about Indigenous symbols and drawing techniques to produce a piece of art that tells us about your life journey so far
- Use the colours of Mother Earth and listen to their sacred stories
- Be taught traditional weaving methods to produce earthly works of art made from locally sourced native plants
- Understand sustainability by the caretakers of this land