First Australians and Orienteering Activities
EcoWalks Tours provide kids with an adventure navigating through an orienteering course whilst learning about the Gai-mariagal People of Sydney.
Kids will acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land whilst navigating and running from checkpoint to checkpoint completing quiz questions on Aboriginal culture in a respectful way.
They will work in groups to take on the role as a historian and explore objects, tools, materials, plants, and pictures of First Australians to uncover the answers to the activity questions.
However, kids must first learn how to navigate.
These historians must work together to find their way using a map, compass, and their thinking caps to uncover the answers to solve activity questions like who King Bungaree was and was he from Gai-mariagal Country.
- Learn about the Borogegal and Cammeraygal Clans of the Gai-mariagal People
- Discover what everyday life was like for our First Australians of Sydney
- Develop skills in navigation
- 1.5 hour adventure with fun and knowledgeable guides
- Activity sheet
- Full compliance verification and documentation