Tales Short and Tall incursions will give kids an insight into the incredible evolution of the written word.
Let Shakespeare himself transport the children back to the first cave writing of stone age man, the hieroglyphs of the ancients, the development of the quill/pen, the origins of paper, the Renaissance and Victorian writers to modern day coding, the new written word.
- Students will watch a fun, informative PowerPoint presentation on the evolution of mankind’s greatest achievement, the written word
- Listen to exciting passages from Grant’s novels as the students are asked to develop their own writing skills
- Look at exciting props such as shark & crocodile jaws, Neanderthal, and animal skulls and how they can use those to spark their own “Tales Short & Tall”
- Use beautiful quills, fountain pens, ink, and parchment to create their own masterpieces
- Learn how their own writing can be inspired by history, their experiences and from the tales of their cherished elders