Located at the southern end of Shirley Road, Wollstonecraft, Berry Island reserve is a small almost circular island that is linked to the mainland by a wide grassed causeway.
Berry Island was known to be a fishing, hunting and camping site for Aboriginal communities in 19th Century.
- Guided bush walk along the Gadyan Track that interprets Aboriginal History
- See evidence of the Aboriginal way of life including shell middens, axe grindings and rock carvings
- Children have their faces painted with Ochre in culturally appropriate patterns
- Bush tucker and sustainability talk
- Children can bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the play area and great views Berry Island offers