This workshop is an exciting and interactive experience that introduces children to the vibrant rhythms, movements, and melodies of Brazil.
Led by experienced instructors, this incursion teaches kids how to play traditional Brazilian rhythms and percussion instruments, and the basics of Brazilian dance styles.
Through a series of fun and engaging exercises, children will not only learn about the cultural significance of these art forms but will also develop their creativity,
coordination, and team-building skills.
By the end of this activity, kids will have a newfound appreciation for Brazilian music and dance, as well as a sense of pride and accomplishment in their own abilities. All while having heaps of fun along the way!
- General introduction and conversation about Brazil, fun facts and information
- Try out some traditional rhythms using clapping and body percussion
- Learn some Brazilian words and sing a Brazilian song
- Get up and dance! Learn about Samba, the national rhythm and dance.
- Play Samba on drum and percussion instruments and perform a high energy rhythm piece
- Wind down with some relaxing tempo music