Getting children to engage in the basics of gymnastics can have a positive influence on their skill development as they learn how to coordinate different body parts, muscles, and the mind. Gymnastics also allows children to experience self-confidence through creativity, performance, and helps to lay a strong foundation for wellbeing and a sense of self.
During this immersive and inclusive workshop, the coaches will focus on developing the whole child in a holistic way. Children will learn how to listen, follow directions, take turns, respect one another, work as a team, and celebrate each other’s victories, not just their own.
The coaches will teach children the foundation of Gymnastics such as balance, flexibility, coordination, mindfulness, and movement, through the exploration of gross motor skills such as rolls, pikes, tumbling, cartwheels, frog jumps and handstands.
- Children will build confidence, resilience, patience, and self-esteem
- Develop communication skills and they listen and respond to instruction
- Improve gross motor skills as they learn and practice core strengthening exercises
- Learn the positive impacts and benefits of stretch, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Coaches will inspire children to develop a love for movement